Screening, exhibition, & event
Curated by Astria Suparak
For the 7th Annual New York Underground Film Festival
@ Anthology Film Archives, New York, NY
March 8-11, 2000
SEX ON THE FRITZ: Performance Anxiety
March 9, 2000
Film, video, audio by:
Stephanie Barber, Miranda July, Matt McCormick, Laura Parnes, Jennifer Reeder, Karen Yasinsky
Dis-ease and uncomfort within desire. Sexual development in the age of the spectacle.
1. WSNO, Miranda July*, 1998, audio piece with gel over projector light, 9:12 minutes
2. No Place Like Home #1, Karen Yasinsky*, 1999, video, 5 min.
3. No Place Like Home #2, Karen Yasinsky*, 1999, video, 6 min.
4. Performance, Laura Parnes*, 1995, video, 4 min.
5. Sincerely, Joe P. Bear, Matt McCormick*, 1999, 16mm, 4 min.
6. pornfilm, Stephanie Barber, 1998, 16mm, 4min.
7. Lullaby, Jennifer Reeder, 1999, video, 18 min.
8. Talent Show, Laura Parnes*, 1996, video, 4 min.
* Filmmaker will be present.
Special Event Party & Installation
Guest curated by Astria Suparak
For the 7th Annual New York Underground Film Festival’s music and performance sidebar, CINE-PHONIC
@ CBGB’s Downstairs Gallery, 313 Bowery Ave., New York, NY
Live event starting at 10pm on March 9, 2000; Installation up through March 11, 2000
Live video-mixing (laptop and Whirligig software) by Jennifer and Kevin McCoy.
Glitter Fat: Fashion Maggot raw-meat fashion show by Luther Price.
Raw: Installation and video by Jennifer Sullivan.
Life-sized cardboard standees of people and places from family photos and childhood memories of the Eighties and a video piece. Olivia Newton John karaoke.
Kevin & Jen McCoy devise live laptop projections with Whirligig software.
CASHIERS DU CINEMART
“Notes From The Underground,” Mary Gillen and Brian Frye, 2000.
Read review online.